AVRTC COVID-19 Vaccination Clinic Signup
This clinic is strictly for individuals within current State of Alaska eligible tiers. We will be screening for symptoms at the door, please do not attend if you are ill. All individuals will be required to sign an attestation statement that they meet eligibility criteria which currently is: DHSS Eligibie Tiers
What to expect at AVRTC
The health and safety of our patients are top priorities at Anchorage and Valley Radiation Therapy Centers. We are taking new precautions to ensure ongoing protection for all who come through our doors and particularly for our most vulnerable patients who may have compromised immune systems. These precautions include:
- We are actively screening staff, patients and escorts upon arrival which includes obtaining temperatures and asking a series of questions.
- The front entrance will remain open; however, access will be limited.
- Patients may receive phone calls from our staff who are working from home. These calls may come through on private or unknown phone numbers.
- To reduce potential exposure, we are no longer permitting patients to bring an escort to their appointment unless they’re a new patient or they have a mobility issue that requires assistance.
- We ask patients to arrive five minutes early to their appointments, call when they arrive and remain in their vehicle until they're given further instructions.
- We ask escorts to remain in the vehicle until the end of the appointment.
- We are actively discouraging anyone from waiting in the lobby.
- We will continue to make sure all touchpoints such as door handles, chairs, knobs, faucet handles and other surfaces are wiped down with medical-grade disinfectants regularly throughout the day.
- Puzzles, magazines and other materials that could potentially harbor germs have been removed from our waiting areas and exam rooms.
- Availability of complimentary fresh fruit has been suspended for safety reasons.
- All non-essential follow-up appointments have been deferred until May. We are assessing and delivering test results to patients over the phone as much as possible to allow our patients to remain safe in their homes and away from potential exposures.
- Staff members are implementing social distancing from each other at work and in their personal lives. They are wiping down their work stations several times daily.
- Every staff member who feels sick has been asked to stay home and be screened for contagious respiratory illnesses by their primary care provider.
- We request that patients complete their office forms electronically in advance of their appointment to limit exposure that could be transmitted via paper. We will make accommodations for patients who do not have the technology to do so.
We continue to closely follow recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as the circumstances surrounding COVID-19 evolve. We are committed to providing the safest environment possible for our patients and employees.