***AVRTC has earned its ACR reaccreditation as of July 19th! The American College of Radiology awards accreditation to facilities for the achievement of high practice standards after a peer-review evaluation of its practice. Image quality and procedure evaluations are conducted by board-certified radiologists and medical physicists who are experts in the field. The program also evaluates personnel qualifications, adequacy of facility equipment, quality control procedures and quality assurance programs. All findings are reported to the practice via a comprehensive report that includes recommendations for improvement.***
Do you follow us on Facebook? It is the best way to stay up to date on all the happenings we offer our patients, and the community, as well as learning a lot in the process. We have a page for Valley Radiation Therapy Center and one for Anchorage & Valley Radiation Therapy Centers.
- Ask us about our healing chair yoga classes for men and women, held twice weekly in Anchorage, and once a week in the Valley. We also offer once a month cooking demonstrations in Anchorage and the Valley. Our Cancer Bites classes are hosted by our Registered Dietician.
- In Anchorage, the Leksell Gamma Knife® Icon™ is the most precise radiosurgery device on the market, limiting radiation dose to healthy tissue. Icon is the only technology with microradiosurgery capabilities, allowing for the treatment of virtually any target in the brain with ultrahigh precision. It also makes it possible to treat patients without a minimally invasive fixation while assuring the same highest level of precision.
- Now in the Valley and Anchorage- the Elekta Infinity™! What does this mean for our patients? The newest, most advanced, fastest and accurate cancer treatment radiation therapy system in Alaska.
- Available in Anchorage and the Valley- Active Breathing Coordinator® The aim of radiation therapy treatment is to deliver optimal dose to tumors while minimizing the dose to the surrounding healthy tissue.
- Challenges arise because tumors and critical structures (heart, lungs, etc) are constantly moving and adapting with normal physiological functions.To account for motion within the body Anchorage & Valley Radiation Therapy Centers utilizes Elekta’s Active Breathing Coordinator (ABC) - a non-invasive devise that under your control pauses breathing during radiation treatment to still internal motion – therefore allowing greater conformity of the radiation beam to the tumor.The Active Breathing Coordinator increases the accuracy of treatment by enabling reproducible tumor position within the body. The tumor is immobilized during the pause, which allows our clinicians to maximize radiation delivery to the tumor, and avoid critical structures and healthy tissue.Often, only four to six pauses are required for treatment delivery, and the system is designed with patient comfort and confidence.
In other news:
With a score of 93.1 out of 100, Elekta’s Leksell Gamma Knife® Perfexion™ system earned the top ranking, receiving high marks for uptime, treatment times and planning speeds, according to KLAS research firm’s recently released customer survey, Radiation Therapy 2013: Striving for Accuracy and Upgradeability*. Elekta Infinity™ radiation treatment system received the #2 ranking with a score of 87.8. http://blog.elekta.com/blog/2013/08/leksell-gamma-knife-perfexion-and-elekta-infinity-place-first-and-second-in-2013-klas-radiation-therapy-report/
Check back often for for the latest news and information from Anchorage & Valley Radiation Therapy Centers.